President of Russia Vladimir Putin September 21 signed decree on partial mobilization in the country. 300 thousand reservists will be called up for military service – a little more than one percent of the mobilization resource. The event gave rise to the network not only a wave of patriotic upsurge, but also a lot of fakes. Roskomnadzor reported that for their distribution Internet resources will be blocked. “Parliamentary newspaper” figured out where the fake and where the truth.
1. Fake: After the announcement of partial mobilization, travel abroad is prohibited.
True: Zarina Doguzova, head of the Federal Agency for Tourism, denies the message in her Telegram channel.
“I receive a lot of questions about going abroad under conditions of partial mobilization. According to our information, at the moment no restrictions on traveling abroad have been introduced,” she writes.
Doguzova suggests waiting for appropriate official clarifications. Such information has already been requested by Rostourism. The head of the department promises to promptly inform about all changes.
2. Fake: Subpoenas will be sent through the public services portal.
True: subpoenas within the framework of partial mobilization will not be sent through the State Services. “In connection with the publications that have appeared on social networks that electronic subpoenas within the framework of partial mobilization will be sent through the State Services, we inform you that there are no such plans. The necessary legislative framework for this is missing, ”the Ministry of Digital Development said.
According to the law, conscripts are handed summons upon presentation of a passport or driver’s license against receipt by employees of the military commissariats.
3. Fake: Subpoenas demanding to appear at the military registration and enlistment office are already being handed out on Moscow streets, railway stations and shopping centers. This was announced by the adviser to the head of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine Anton Gerashchenko.
Truth: The Telegram channel Gerashchenko refers to was created on February 27 of this year to discredit the Russian Armed Forces, which are located in the NVO zone. The authors spread fake news about current events in Russia. Consequently, no one gives a summons to anyone on the street.
4. Fake: Conscripts of category “B” (limited fit for military service) will also be sent to the NVO zone, the We Can Explain Telegram channel reports, citing lawyer Maxim Grebenyuk.
True: Alexander Tochenov, executive secretary of the Human Rights Council under the President of the Russian Federation, denied this information. “If it is limited to a combatant, non-combatant … there is a gradation. But these people will not be sent to any war zones and will not be called up, because there are health restrictions,” Tochenov emphasized.
5. Fake: There will be no deferment from conscription.
True: According to Art. 18 of the Federal Law on “Mobilization preparation and mobilization in the Russian Federation”, a deferral is required:
– booked in the manner determined by the government of the country. This includes officials working in government and local governments, as well as employees of the military-industrial complex;
– men recognized as temporarily unfit for service due to health reasons;
– engaged in constant care for a relative who, for health reasons, needs constant care;
– guardians or trustees of minor brothers and sisters;
– men who have four or more dependent children under the age of 16 or who are raising one or more children under the age of 16 without a mother;
– men who have a wife who is at least 22 weeks pregnant and who have three dependent children under the age of 16;
– men whose mothers, in addition to them, have four or more children under the age of eight years and bring them up without a husband;
– members of the Federation Council and deputies of the State Duma.
It should also be understood that graduates of military departments in universities are not equated with those who have completed military service, partial mobilization applies to those who served.
Also, there is no question of conscription of students studying at universities, the Minister of Defense noted earlier.
6. Fake: The mobilized are allowed not to pay the mortgage.
True: now mobilization does not exempt from obligations to pay loans, including mortgages, if the concept of “martial law” is not written directly into the loan agreement, in the “Force Majeure” section. There is no question of any martial law yet, however, on September 21, the Central Bank recommended that banks and microfinance organizations give credit holidays to mobilized citizens. However, the head of the State Duma committee on the financial market Anatoly Aksakov announced on September 21 that he was preparing a proposal for credit holidays for mobilized citizens.
In the meantime, the State Duma advises to use blocked social networks less, and when present in all the others, turn on your head. You need to clearly understand that content is always produced by those who benefit from it, recalls the deputy chairman of the IT Committee of the State Duma in his Telegram channel Anton Gorelkin. This applies to both posts and comments, especially those created by one-day accounts. The MP does not recommend forwarding content, the authenticity of which is not certain. In addition, according to him, one should not enter into personal correspondence with the authors of suspicious posts and comments, since information hygiene and critical thinking are two main security criteria.