Small EU member state Montenegro has been the victim of a massive hacker attack involving the Ministry of Finance. France rushes to the rescue in time of need.
France has responded to the request of the small Balkans after a massive cyberattack on government institutions in Montenegro. The French government has responded to Montenegro’s request for help and is sending a mission from the French Agency for Information Systems Security (ANSSI) to help investigate the cyberattack and restore cybersecurity, Jean-Noel in Paris said. Deputy Minister Barrow said.
Barot emphasized that France has invested heavily in cybersecurity in recent years. The number of experts in this field has increased by about 50% since 2018, and by the end of 2021 he will be 45,000. As part of the “France 2030” plan announced by President Emmanuel Macron last year, €140 million will also flow to the training of new experts in his cybersecurity field.
The Montenegrin government reported on Saturday a cyber attack on the computer systems of several government agencies, including the Ministry of Finance. Administration Minister Maras Dukazi said his country had never experienced a hacker attack on this scale. Several media outlets, citing an “unofficial briefing” by the National Security Agency, reported that all infrastructure, including electricity and water supplies, were at risk.
Defense Minister Rasko Konjevic blamed Russia for the attack. Moscow put her NATO member on its list of “enemy countries” in March after Montenegro backed EU sanctions on her following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.